Job/Selling off gear/saving up for 6505+, plus more

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Job/Selling off gear/saving up for 6505+, plus more

Post by LordThurisaz »

Well, just thought I'd let everyone know I am beginning the arduous process building my dream rig. I'm mostly doing this because I've grown tired of used gear; I find that I have more of a connection when I buy new. I am selling the bulk of my gear off, and all in all, I have to save up about $3100US. In the end, I should have a pretty gig worthy rig.

What I plan on getting...
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960AV [w/ V30's]
Schecter Blackjack C-7 [will probably be the last thing; plan on getting it for my 23rd b-day next year, hopefully they don't stop production or change it to something less]
3 Seymour Duncan pickups [SH-5 Custom to replace SH-14 Custom 5; SH-15 Alternative 8 and SH-6n Distortion to replace ESP LH301's]
2 Keeley modded Boss pedals [SD-1 and MT-2. MT-2: I hope this kinda reacts like a Dunlop Q Zone in an overdrive seeing as the mid freq should now be more wah like with the mod]

I'll probably get the 6505+, 1960AV, pickups and possibly the Keeley modded Boss pedals by/for Christmas. The C-7, assuming it's still in production, still the same awesome price of $750, and has all the same features, will be the last piece to the "puzzle" to be added on my birthday next year. Quite a ways away, but I doubt I'll have much trouble getting it.

Oh, I forgot... The things I am keeping are my LTD's, Korg AX3000 multi efx board [which I will probably sell once I get my half stack], my ART equalizer [which I plan to put in the efx loop], and my SD-1. The MT-2 will be given to me free from a friend, so if the mod I find isn't what I want, then I'll sell that. And as for the SD-1 mod, it seems to be working off of everything I love about the stock tone, and improving what I don't like.
LTD FX260 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, E/Drop D]
LTD H500 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, D/Drop C]
LTD H1001 [81/85] [10s, C#/Drop B]
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings
frankus

Post by frankus »

quite a specific list there, you obviously have a tone in mind

frank
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

Yes, I do. Except, I have decided to sell the Boss pedals, opting for the Kiko Loureiro vol/wah/OD pedal from Morley instead, and go DiMarzio rather than Seymour Duncan. There's also some other ideas I'm kicking around.

This is what I think I may go for...

Kustom Double Cross
Behringer V-Amp Pro w/ FCB1010 for fx
2x Avatar 4x12's [w/ Celestions... probably 2x V30's, 2x G12k100's, and 4x Classic Lead 80's, 320w, 16 ohms]
Morley Kiko Loureiro Vol/Wah/OD
DiMarzio X2N, D Sonic, and two of the "Air" pickups, probably Air Classic and Air Norton
George L's cable kit, plus a Monster Cable or some other kind of cable from guitar to the wah pedal

If not a Kustom Double Cross head, then I'll go with the 6505+ I was originally gonna go with, skip on the Behringer FCB1010 and Vamp Pro, and get either of the seven strings.

These are my two 'ideal' rigs I'm kicking around.
LTD FX260 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, E/Drop D]
LTD H500 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, D/Drop C]
LTD H1001 [81/85] [10s, C#/Drop B]
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings