Guiotarist Magazine. P.136

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ptate
Cool Member

Guiotarist Magazine. P.136

Post by ptate »

Our RRT-1 pedal has been reviewed........

"Verdict: At £79 this hand-built pedal is decent value and there's no doubt that Randy fans and more will find a use for it in their rigs. We have"

"The bottom line: We Like: The choice of tones is impressive. We dislike: The idea that it is a one-tone pony. It's not"

Peace to you all....... :D :D :D :D
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: Guiotarist Magazine. P.136

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

ptate wrote:Our RRT-1 pedal has been reviewed........

"Verdict: At £79 this hand-built pedal is decent value and there's no doubt that Randy fans and more will find a use for it in their rigs. We have"

"The bottom line: We Like: The choice of tones is impressive. We dislike: The idea that it is a one-tone pony. It's not"

Peace to you all....... :D :D :D :D
Congratulations on a fine review!

You should be really proud 8)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Cheers Matt.

It makes it all worthwhile.

In the rest of the article they state that it gives a great cross section of tones, from "Eric Johnson levels of sustain on a strat neck pickup" to heavy distortion.

I'm happy.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Hey Pete,
Great to hear about this. I will buy the mag tomorrow :D
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Cheers Skezza........

Looks like they've backed up the comments you made to me when you got your pedal.....

Enjoy it and lets hear the sound clips now matey. I'd like to hear someone doing a good Randy-a-like riff with it cranked.

:D
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I'll see if i can get something special up later this week :D
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

It's the copy with the metal master Tony Iommi on the front cover......!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I'll go buy it now :D
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I read the review yesterday. It was great to see it getting recognition in such a prestigious magazine!

The pedal looks very cool too.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

Awesome! 8)
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Cheers Matt and Flyinghigh.

The review was more than fair. The idea was to have the unit tested independently, in a well respected magazine, so people could see we weren't trying to pass off a cheap, crappy unit as something worthwhile.

Since the North West Guitar Show and the Magazine, we have been approached by a very large, international guitar company who is interested in distribution rights now; so who knows what the future holds.

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

ptate wrote:Cheers Matt and Flyinghigh.

The review was more than fair. The idea was to have the unit tested independently, in a well respected magazine, so people could see we weren't trying to pass off a cheap, crappy unit as something worthwhile.

Since the North West Guitar Show and the Magazine, we have been approached by a very large, international guitar company who is interested in distribution rights now; so who knows what the future holds.

Hey Pete,
thats great, keep us updated please :D 8)
frankus

Post by frankus »

this pedal looks neat!
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Thanks Frankus.

Since the review, things have started to take off. With hand made pedals being sent all around the world. Unfortunately, as the build process is so time consuming, we have decided to re-engineer/brand the standard and concentrate our output on the Deluxe.

We are also developing a new (very) hard distortion pedal with extremely hard clipping (I've tested the PCB already and it screams) and another unit that will allow some of you to have more fun with your amps. This will allow us to concentrate on the RRT-1 Deluxe as our top of the range unit and offer a distinction between products.

As such, the standard is set to become a real rarity in the future; so buy now... :D :lol: