Does anyone remember these?

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Dino

Does anyone remember these?

Post by Dino »

Were they ever made available in the U.S. ? :?

Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I remember those. They looked so cool, and still do.
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'm guessing they were good quality since they don't show up on eBay... people want to keep them.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I am sure they are decent. Fernandes made them right?
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Zakk Daniels wrote:Fernandes made them right?
Yeah, I believe so.
Dino

Post by Dino »

Thanks guys.
I heard Fernandes had made some, I just didn't realize this was what I was looking at. :oops:
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Ya Fernandes made those for the Japanese market , they made a slightly different model initially for their domestic and international markets , the first model had a chrome trem& arm , chrome pick-up mounting rings , white knobs etc and did'nt come with a flight case let alone any case . This model appeared in the very late 80's only for the domestic Japanese market , but a few made their way to the U.S , It was marketed as a total replica to the guitar RR played for the most part with correct hardware etc and flight case .. I had heard that the Rhoads estate put out a ' cease & desist ' becuase it was'nt licenced and used Randy's name and image as marketing .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Dino

Post by Dino »

Ritchie wrote:Ya Fernandes made those for the Japanese market , they made a slightly different model initially for their domestic and international markets , the first model had a chrome trem& arm , chrome pick-up mounting rings , white knobs etc and did'nt come with a flight case let alone any case . This model appeared in the very late 80's only for the domestic Japanese market , but a few made their way to the U.S , It was marketed as a total replica to the guitar RR played for the most part with correct hardware etc and flight case .. I had heard that the Rhoads estate put out a ' cease & desist ' becuase it was'nt licenced and used Randy's name and image as marketing .
Interesting ...
So who exactly owns the rights to this design? Karl Sandoval or the Rhoads family?
And what about GMW?
How is it that they continue to build these?
Do they have some sort of license agreement?
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

I am not sure who the design is licenced to if anyone at all ? but perhaps it is trademarked with the headstock , bow-tie inlays etc to the Rhoads estate as it was RR that came up with initial design draft . As far as i understand if RR's image and name are not used in advertising etc it's all fair game .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Dino

Post by Dino »

Ritchie wrote:I am not sure who the design is licenced to if anyone at all ? but perhaps it is trademarked with the headstock , bow-tie inlays etc to the Rhoads estate as it was RR that came up with initial design draft . As far as i understand if RR's image and name are not used in advertising etc it's all fair game .
Ahhh ... that makes sense.
Thanks Ritchie. :wink: