Gibson SG Special-New! 3 switchable humbuckers and in faded

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Gibson SG Special-New! 3 switchable humbuckers and in faded

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

While Gibson's pricing may be suspect on certain guitars in their range I think they offer excellent value too!

This is just £500. Just $750!!
http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/inf ... CH1%2ehtml

Wow and you can get loads of different tones!!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Gibsons (and ive noticed epiphones too) have just got more expensive in the UK because of the exchange rate.

GAK were advertising a Epi LP custom for £500 :shock: they can suck my...

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Rob

Strange times indeed. It is cheaper for an American to buy some Gibsons from the UK than their own country!

The price increases make things like thi SG even more a bargain 8)

Matt

ps just checked out GAK. I agree £500 is steep. If you shop around though you can get the Epi Zakk Wylde in places places like Peter Cooks for £369.00, which is very reasonable!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Me no like 3 Gibson pick ups. Me think that no one else really does either since they are selling them for so cheap.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

NicDots wrote:Me no like 3 Gibson pick ups. Me think that no one else really does either since they are selling them for so cheap.
Me agree with Nicole :D
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Nicole and Paul :)

They are a part of Gibson faded range. That is why they are cheap ;)

Here is a non faded SG 3. Same specs but a nice pleasing to the eyes glossy black...and hense double the price.
http://www.nextag.com/Gibson-SG-3-Elect ... rices-html

Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Oh, I understand the faded thing, Matt, I was agreeing with the lack of interest most folks have with three humbuckers. The middle pickup gets in the way and just looks ugly (in my opinion).
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Paul

What are we going to do with you? :)

I agree too. They are a minority interest guitar. The extra pick up can be cumbersome.
However my link and post was to dispute the claim that they were cheap because they have three pickups :)
As you have pointed out, yes they are part of the faded series from Gibson and better value because of the cheaper paint job.

I hope we are singing from the same hymn sheet now! LOL

Take care

Matt

ps

Gibson have a faded type idea on the 335 now and as we have discussed the Les Paul Studio and Standard.
I am sharing my enthusiasm for faded!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I just think it's sad that not putting a finish coat on a guitar can change the price by so much.

And, by the way, you really don't want to hear me sing from any hymn sheet! I just mouth the words in church so as not to frighten anyone :D
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Paul Wolfe wrote:I just think it's sad that not putting a finish coat on a guitar can change the price by so much.

And, by the way, you really don't want to hear me sing from any hymn sheet! I just mouth the words in church so as not to frighten anyone :D
Yes agreed!!

So much nonsense in guitar pricing. Binding on one model compared to an other can just add £££!!

The last time I was singing in Church I changed Hosanna to Horsanna and got a huge kick from Suzie LOL

Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I remember years ago, I had this obsession with owning a white Gibson SG, but the only white SGs available then were the dumb ones with 3 pick ups! :angry:
Needless to say, I don't look anymore, lest I get the urge to buy one.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Nicole

I found this for you in the US
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... ID=2221397

Mind you, it is only £1700 in the uk. You could get it from UK for about $2400!!!

(ghostly voice with lots of echo) "buy it...buy it Nicole"

Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

2400?!

Dweebshire, although I do like to think of myself as a badass high roller gangsta....I don't have that kinda mullah! :(

It's muy sexy though, no doubt!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

NicDots wrote:It's muy sexy though, no doubt!
It's not half as sexy as you, Nic...

By the way, I remember the SOTD days when you were pining for a white SG... as soon as I win the lottery I'll be getting you one :D