The one that got away

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

The one that got away

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Have you ever sold a piece of equipment (or lost it or abused it) and regretted it later?

The first guitar I ever bought was a 1966 Fender Mustang. I bought the guitar and a Fender Princeton Reverb amp for $210 in 1982. I hated it at the time because it wasn't as cool as Eddie's strat. So I painted it and stripped it and painted it again. I re-routed it for a humbucker and eventually dumped the body and put the neck on a strat body...

Now I miss that guitar. Unfortunately Kurt Cobain played one and now they are ridiculously expensive...

Mine was identical to the white one in this pic:

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

ahhh, so many times have I regretted selling something.
I had an old Steinberger. I sold it for £120 it was probably worth about £400. it was from the older cheaper range, but still it was worth a fair bit because it was old. I wish i hadnt of done that hehe :D.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Re: The one that got away

Post by BIG_P »

RockyRhoads wrote:Have you ever sold a piece of equipment (or lost it or abused it) and regretted it later?

The first guitar I ever bought was a 1966 Fender Mustang. I bought the guitar and a Fender Princeton Reverb amp for $210 in 1982. I hated it at the time because it wasn't as cool as Eddie's strat. So I painted it and stripped it and painted it again. I re-routed it for a humbucker and eventually dumped the body and put the neck on a strat body...

Now I miss that guitar. Unfortunately Kurt Cobain played one and now they are ridiculously expensive...

Mine was identical to the white one in this pic:

The VERY first guitar I ever picked up and played was JUST LIKE the Daphne Blue one on the left!!! AWESOME!!!! It was my bros and I was like 5. I think it was a '66....?I think.
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
THE Gillis Girl

Post by THE Gillis Girl »

I still regret selling my bass....that was like 15 years ago!!! And I am still pissed at my ex for not giving me back my guitar!!! I haven't played in years...and now will have to "learn" all over again!!!

Stephanie
<3 <3 <3
THE Gillis Girl
SixPounder
Cool Member

Post by SixPounder »

I always thought Mustangs we're some ugly guitars...I don't really like anything Fender in general..It still sucks selling something you regret later.
Claudio

Post by Claudio »

I almost sold my Steve Vai Jem signed by him and Eric Sardinas for money to buy a Gibson. I decided not to, this guitar is priceless for me.
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/myg0tqwerty/Signature.gif[/img]
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

SixPounder wrote:I always thought Mustangs we're some ugly guitars...I
They are.

That's why I kept trying to make it cool and eventually abandoned it...

I'd like it back for nostalgia reasons...
Dorcphish

Post by Dorcphish »

My first guitar was a cheap knock off Les Paul from a company called Crestline. It wasn't bad looking with it's tabacco sunburst craved top and chromed hardware. It was plywood though and since it was pretty old when I got it, it died on me. Still, it was the guitar I learned on and I'd love to have it around.
www.myspace.com/sadgent