The Holiday Gear Wish List Thread

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

The Holiday Gear Wish List Thread

Post by NicDots »

Well, what is on your list? Be as unreasonable as possible. :P

I really want a Jackson RR5FR in Hot Pink. Man, that would be so rad. A Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Practice Amp would be awesome too. A footswitch that works with my 5150 head and a volume pedal would round out nicely together under the Xmas tree. 8)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i know what im getting: a blackstar HT5 amp 8)

but i wouldn't also mind a marshall reverb or delay pedal or maybe a vox stachurator.

Rob
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

i've grown past the GAS.
don't really know what I want for christmas.
anything goes I guess ...
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Nic, didn't sell one of your guitars just recently?
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Well my Laney was an early present so Guitar wise I will be happy with a Laney amp cover and a footswitch.

Rob, that sounds like an exciting present...in fact they all sound mouth watering. 8)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Sarab wrote:Nic, didn't sell one of your guitars just recently?
LOL, yes. :lol:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

rice_pudding wrote:i know what im getting: a blackstar HT5 amp 8)

but i wouldn't also mind a marshall reverb or delay pedal or maybe a vox stachurator.

Rob
Hi Rob

I use a Marshall reflector reverb pedal through my peavey head and it has some great settings!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:i know what im getting: a blackstar HT5 amp 8)

Rob
Hi Rob

I use a Marshall reflector reverb pedal through my peavey head and it has some great settings!

Matt
Hey,

Your right,m some of those marshall pedals are total friggin steals, i have the compressor and its brilliant and it only cost £30. Although now i've decided to get an electro harmonix holy grail instead LOLZ

I just figure that im only after spring reverb and maybe a tad a hall, so its better to go for quality rather than quantity (in regards to the marshalls versatility). What really sold me on it though was the hall reverb, i've always loved how delay pedals are used to create ambience rather than reverb but i've never managed to nail that sound :evil: but the hall verb on this gives a nice amount of this quality.

As for the HT-5, it looks fantastic, did you see the guitarist mag review? They're tipping it to be the No.1 product of 2009. If its as good as im hoping... Mr pudding very happy :mrgreen:

i was going to get the new epiphone amp at first but they dont seem to be coming out any more :|

Rob
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

NicDots wrote:
Sarab wrote:Nic, didn't sell one of your guitars just recently?
LOL, yes. :lol:
but you cant sell one without buying another right? :wink: :lol:

now that i think of it how many guitars do you have Nic?

Rob
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Right. I have a problem, I know. Some chicks love purses and heels...I like guitars!

Let's see, I have had many guitars over the years: A Gisbon SG Special (Red), Gibson SG Standard (Black, sold), an RR3 (Black with chrome, sold), a Dean VX (White, sold), an ESP LTD EC1000 (White), Ibanez Acoustic Something or Other (sold), Mitchell Acoustic Something or Other (sold), Yamaha Acoustic, Cordoba Classical (can't remember the model right now). Then I've had a Metal Distortion Pedal from Boss (sold), and MXR 10 Band EQ (sold), Dime Wah (sold), Rocktron Hush Pedal (sold), Tube Screamer (sold)....MG250DFX 2X12 (sold)...Peavey 5150 Head and a JCM900 4X12 cab.

*deep breath* That's everything!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Your not the only one with a problem :P

you have sold a lot of stuff though, well done, i've only ever sold a couple of guitars and thats it. I'm a hoarder LMAO

i sont intend on buying much more in the future though, at least not for a while. Just a decent cab with great speakers to sort me out.

7 (soon to be 9) pedals
4 amps
8 guitars
im happy with what i got 8)

Rob
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

If I could have anything for Christmas, I'd want a '66 Fender Mustang (white w/red pickguard) and Fender Princeton Reverb amp just like I had at 14... Image
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

Well, I want a Douglas SR-1 and Spad, both in black. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but with a little polishing, oiling up, and a string change, they look nice for resting my Ibanez SZ320.
LTD FX260 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, E/Drop D]
LTD H500 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, D/Drop C]
LTD H1001 [81/85] [10s, C#/Drop B]
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.