Epiphone To Release Valve Senior Combo (£199.00) and Head..

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Epiphone To Release Valve Senior Combo (£199.00) and Head..

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Head looks like it will be around £179.00 and cab around the £100 mark.

This looks very nice. Due October It is 18 watts of pure valve and features EQ, Gain and Reverb. Also there is an output so you can run it through the cab if you wish to.

The 5 watt combo is awesome. I can only imagine what this is going to be like

http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_EPAUVSC.html
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

this is very exciting! i already have the junior half stack so this new head is very tempting 8) a great price as well

notice its got 6V6 power tubes, so it should have more of a fender sound.

im tempted to order a head right now but it would probably be wise to wait a bit.

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

rice_pudding wrote:this is very exciting! i already have the junior half stack so this new head is very tempting 8) a great price as well

notice its got 6V6 power tubes, so it should have more of a fender sound.

im tempted to order a head right now but it would probably be wise to wait a bit.

Rob
Hi Rob

They re also releasing a Junior Hot Rod combo and stack. Basically the same wattage but with gain reverb and EQ.

I am ordering my valve senior combo next week. I was going to go for the seperate cab and head but the combo can also run the cab so I thought I will get the combos for the bar band and Guitar Society and maybe by a cab later.

The colours are really cool too!!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i'd get the combo but i already have the speaker cab so it makes more sense to go for the head. 18watts should be loud enough for a gig :D and the master volume means you can crank it at home.

the junior is comparable to an old marshall so this might be comparable to a fender looking at the spec, its almost immposible to say no at this price.

i fell in love with my junior and les paul again last week, i was able to get so close to angus youngs tone on the "let there be rock" album. Which has IMO consistently one of the best guitar tones ever.

i could have two amps that go 90% towards reproducing the tone of a plexi and a blackface for a fraction of the cost :idea:

i might even mod the junior and turn it into an even meaner muther :twisted: Mwah hahaha!

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Rob

I am ashamed..I have betrayed the Epiphone valve line and ordered this baby...

http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=vc15-110

Will keep you posted!!

Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:Rob

I am ashamed..I have betrayed the Epiphone valve line and ordered this baby...

http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=vc15-110

Will keep you posted!!

Matt
i thought about getting one of them before i got my fender deluxe. im not entirely keen on them though, they almost get the sound i want but fall just a tad short.

i think i will get the epi valve senior head. but i want to hear what it soundslike first becuse id also like a new guitar and cant afford both.

Rob