Epiphone Prophecy Guitars

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Epiphone Prophecy Guitars

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

The Prophecy range look though you get ( I have learned this US saying..I hoipe it is in the right place) 'bang for your buck'

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~nam ... D~8552.asp

I have also been dying to say "let me be Frank" but instead he became me (ladykiller face?!!...get it...oh forget it)

These babies have EMG 81 and 85's

Matt
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

These babies look very nice: the epiphone logo has a cool twist, cool inlays, straplocks..
The dark color is nice.. EMG pickups..

Everything is nice!

But I don't like dark guitars anymore.. Since I bought a Whitey :twisted:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Frankly I should have seen that one coming (Prophecy guitsrs..get it)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I tried one of these babies in Guitar Centre.

It was a black Les Paul with 2 top notch EMG's.

For metal this thing was awesome. The sustain was great and it had real, real power. I could get around the neck real fast. The 24 frets was real handy too ;)

I have noticed these are already discontinued. At $700 USA and £399 UK, I think Epiphpne/Gibson realised these were too out of proportion for value compared to their other stuff and wisely taken these off the market.

Get one if you have $700!!

Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i like the look of them but im not really a gibson/humbucker guy anymore, so they are off the radar as far as future purchases go.

they really are pretty cool though

Rob