the thing...

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

skezza wrote:Is there any sort of serial on it, that may indicate the year it was made? Im sure you've already looked but always a shot. I actually think you should do it just for the fun :D :lol:. Maybe when we hook up one time you can bring it along and I can see just how heavy this beast is! Im curious now! :D
There is a sticker on the back of the headstock that reads "SK-250" or something like tht if i remember correctly, but no other insignia except "Rockster tm" on the headstock.

You probably think its like thor's hammer or something now after i hyped the weight :lol: But seriously it is unusualy heavy IMO. It was in fact the first electric i ever held so i used to think all guitars weighted that much. But it weights slightly more than my LP, which is ridiculous considering its a super strat design :!: All the weight is in the body as well, i took the neck off once and it barely weights a thing.

If i get a chance i'll weight it.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

ok i got a rough weight for it, i couldnt get an accurate weight because the scales wouldnt read such a low weight. I had to weight myself and the guitar an deduct the difference.

It about 9-10lbs.
To give a comparison my Les paul weights about 8lbs
And Acording to Gibson most 80s les pauls weight between 7 and 10lbs.