It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 18   [ 261 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:32 am 
Cool Member

The nitrocellulose they use on these allow the guitar to develop a patina over time. It's kinda hard to tell from the pics, but it's starting to cream up a little bit right at the top of the body where you put your arm. Randy's was almost yellow in some pictures, I just want a nice aged look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:50 am 
Cool Member

Gibson has made a couple of different whites. There's Alpine, which is a true white, and then there's what color his was originally, probably an off-white. You see this color a lot on the mid-seventies Pauls. Over time, each color will deepen. Seeing as how Randy's guitar was so yellowish, his probably started as more of an off-white. At least, that's what I assume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:30 pm 
Cool Member

My gear is in my signature. The list is missing a Rocktron Metal Planet and Rampage distortion pedals, a DigiTech Black13 (the scott ian pedal), and a Hudson Les Paul copy sunburst top. Cheap little knock-off, but it plays and sounds decent enough to use. The D'addario's I use have a wound third, hence the .18w in the signature. The link at the bottom is just my shred column on another forum.

GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:41 pm 
Mass Poster

LordThurisaz wrote:
My gear is in my signature. The list is missing a Rocktron Metal Planet and Rampage distortion pedals, a DigiTech Black13 (the scott ian pedal), and a Hudson Les Paul copy sunburst top. Cheap little knock-off, but it plays and sounds decent enough to use. The D'addario's I use have a wound third, hence the .18w in the signature. The link at the bottom is just my shred column on another forum.

LOL

Me too!!

My friend takes the mickey out of my Brian Setzer Hot Rod and Epi Zakk Buzzsaw...he says owning a signatire guitar is like holding another man's...well you know :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:09 pm 
Cool Member

Matthew wrote:
LordThurisaz wrote:

LOL

Me too!!

My friend takes the mickey out of my Brian Setzer Hot Rod and Epi Zakk Buzzsaw...he says owning a signatire guitar is like holding another man's...well you know :D

I decided adding a Dean ZX (black explorer body) with a few personal mods was in order last night, and all for $160 and three hours of neck setting, adjusting, and other crap.

GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:23 pm 
Mass Poster

Here are my colection of Gibson Guitars. I thought it about time I posted some pictures of the family!
I wish I could promise I will never get another...but I know the bug will get me!!

Anyway enjoy the pictures :)

Matt

This is my customised Les Paul Studio that had binding underneath the paint! Theories welcome. The knobs are changed, 57 classics added, neck stripped, gold Grovers added. The best thing is I purchased the guitar with a broke neck for £220 a couple of years back

This is a rare Gibson M3. It never took off but there a cult of people who collect them. It is made from poplar and walnut and has a flloyd rose trem and tone switching features.

Here is another Guitar I customised. It has an EMG 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck position. I changed the hardware to Silver and it has a silver Horse medal at the top :wink:

2nd guitar is my Gibson SG Platinum special. These are great value little Guitars. It comes in a silver hard case very similar to Robot Guitars and got 5 stars iand a gold award in Guitarist magazine. You can pick these up for about £500 s/h too!!

Lastly my latest Gibson, Gibson Robot Guitar. Without a doubt my favourite Gibson although I love all my guitars in different ways like children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:34 pm 

Some nice guitars there Matt! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:30 pm 
Mass Poster

Me playing my Alhambra guitar, at a concert:
I was doing some fingerpicking at that frame
Yes, thats me! 8)
I'll post a pic of my Jackson soon..
And my Epiphone les paul white when I get it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:43 pm 
Mass Poster

Cool Stewie!

Screw Robot Guitars and valve amps

Nylons rule!! :D :D LOL

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:27 am 
Mass Poster

Hey Frank, when are you gonna post up your stuff?
I don't have anything, so I can't post any gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:17 am 
Student & Friend of Randy

hmmm, yes, i've been meaning to.

Last edited by frank on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:34 pm 
Mass Poster

frank wrote:
hmmm, yes, i've been meaning to.

I would love to see your gear Frank!

Flying Dutchman-an invincible ship that ferry's people to the land of the dead...it only just struck!! Cool 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:42 pm 
Mass Poster

Matthew wrote:

That statement conjures up a whole realm of commentary I think I should avoid! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:48 pm 
Mass Poster

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Matthew wrote:

That statement conjures up a whole realm of commentary I think I should avoid! :lol:

LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:49 pm 

Matthew wrote:
Flying Dutchman-an invincible ship that ferry's people to the land of the dead...it only just struck!! Cool 8)

Exactly right! So watch out!!!! :twisted: 8) :lol:

I gonna try to photgraph my collection soon, I still have some axes that are never shot. But first I need a digital camera..... :oops:

Hey Frank,
I know you have a some special MXR pedal laying in dust somewhere that was given by a certain guitarteacher many years ago. :wink: 8)
That's the only thing I remember about the gear you told about. :oops: :lol:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 18   [ 261 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next