The Official Gear thread !!

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

The nitrocellulose they use on these allow the guitar to develop a patina over time. It's kinda hard to tell from the pics, but it's starting to cream up a little bit right at the top of the body where you put your arm. Randy's was almost yellow in some pictures, I just want a nice aged look.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Gibson has made a couple of different whites. There's Alpine, which is a true white, and then there's what color his was originally, probably an off-white. You see this color a lot on the mid-seventies Pauls. Over time, each color will deepen. Seeing as how Randy's guitar was so yellowish, his probably started as more of an off-white. At least, that's what I assume.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

My gear is in my signature. The list is missing a Rocktron Metal Planet and Rampage distortion pedals, a DigiTech Black13 (the scott ian pedal), and a Hudson Les Paul copy sunburst top. Cheap little knock-off, but it plays and sounds decent enough to use. The D'addario's I use have a wound third, hence the .18w in the signature. The link at the bottom is just my shred column on another forum.
LTD FX260 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, E/Drop D]
LTD H500 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, D/Drop C]
LTD H1001 [81/85] [10s, C#/Drop B]
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

LordThurisaz wrote:My gear is in my signature. The list is missing a Rocktron Metal Planet and Rampage distortion pedals, a DigiTech Black13 (the scott ian pedal), and a Hudson Les Paul copy sunburst top. Cheap little knock-off, but it plays and sounds decent enough to use. The D'addario's I use have a wound third, hence the .18w in the signature. The link at the bottom is just my shred column on another forum.
LOL

Me too!!

My friend takes the mickey out of my Brian Setzer Hot Rod and Epi Zakk Buzzsaw...he says owning a signatire guitar is like holding another man's...well you know :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

Matthew wrote:
LordThurisaz wrote:My gear is in my signature. The list is missing a Rocktron Metal Planet and Rampage distortion pedals, a DigiTech Black13 (the scott ian pedal), and a Hudson Les Paul copy sunburst top. Cheap little knock-off, but it plays and sounds decent enough to use. The D'addario's I use have a wound third, hence the .18w in the signature. The link at the bottom is just my shred column on another forum.
LOL

Me too!!

My friend takes the mickey out of my Brian Setzer Hot Rod and Epi Zakk Buzzsaw...he says owning a signatire guitar is like holding another man's...well you know :D
I decided adding a Dean ZX (black explorer body) with a few personal mods was in order last night, and all for $160 and three hours of neck setting, adjusting, and other crap.
LTD FX260 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, E/Drop D]
LTD H500 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, D/Drop C]
LTD H1001 [81/85] [10s, C#/Drop B]
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Here are my colection of Gibson Guitars. I thought it about time I posted some pictures of the family!
I wish I could promise I will never get another...but I know the bug will get me!!

Anyway enjoy the pictures :)

Matt

This is my customised Les Paul Studio that had binding underneath the paint! Theories welcome. The knobs are changed, 57 classics added, neck stripped, gold Grovers added. The best thing is I purchased the guitar with a broke neck for £220 a couple of years back

This is a rare Gibson M3. It never took off but there a cult of people who collect them. It is made from poplar and walnut and has a flloyd rose trem and tone switching features.

Here is another Guitar I customised. It has an EMG 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck position. I changed the hardware to Silver and it has a silver Horse medal at the top :wink:

2nd guitar is my Gibson SG Platinum special. These are great value little Guitars. It comes in a silver hard case very similar to Robot Guitars and got 5 stars iand a gold award in Guitarist magazine. You can pick these up for about £500 s/h too!!

Lastly my latest Gibson, Gibson Robot Guitar. Without a doubt my favourite Gibson although I love all my guitars in different ways like children.

Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Some nice guitars there Matt! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Me playing my Alhambra guitar, at a concert:
I was doing some fingerpicking at that frame
Yes, thats me! 8)
I'll post a pic of my Jackson soon..
And my Epiphone les paul white when I get it!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Cool Stewie!

Screw Robot Guitars and valve amps

Nylons rule!! :D :D LOL

Matt
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Hey Frank, when are you gonna post up your stuff?
I don't have anything, so I can't post any gear.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

hmmm, yes, i've been meaning to.
Last edited by frank on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

frank wrote:hmmm, yes, i've been meaning to.
I would love to see your gear Frank!

Flying Dutchman-an invincible ship that ferry's people to the land of the dead...it only just struck!! Cool 8)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Matthew wrote:I would love to see your gear Frank!
That statement conjures up a whole realm of commentary I think I should avoid! :lol:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Matthew wrote:I would love to see your gear Frank!
That statement conjures up a whole realm of commentary I think I should avoid! :lol:
LOL
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Matthew wrote:Flying Dutchman-an invincible ship that ferry's people to the land of the dead...it only just struck!! Cool 8)
Exactly right! So watch out!!!! :twisted: 8) :lol:

I gonna try to photgraph my collection soon, I still have some axes that are never shot. But first I need a digital camera..... :oops:

Hey Frank,
I know you have a some special MXR pedal laying in dust somewhere that was given by a certain guitarteacher many years ago. :wink: 8)
That's the only thing I remember about the gear you told about. :oops: :lol: