The Official Gear thread !!

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

frank wrote:i thought i was looking at a store inventory. that's a pretty awesome collection brett.
+1 :shock:

Great collection there! 8)
brett8388

Post by brett8388 »

Thanks. There's actually 2 floyded LTD's in the mix, 5 V trems, and one prototype built by Mike Shannon using the original templates. I've been collecting LTD's for years and built up a pretty large group of them and PCS models.
Brett

www.gilaguitars.com
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

your website is unreal.
Last edited by frank on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:your website is unreal.
I agree. WOW!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Re: Collection

Post by zmack mylde »

brett8388 wrote:Hi. I've been lurking for a while and finally found a topic I could intelligently reply to.

I have quite a few Jackson Rhoads guitars - mostly LTD's, but also some PCS's and misc. instruments. Here's a picture of some, the rest can be seen on my website. Rhoads rules!

cool
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

hey brett8388,

you crazy man, you need to calm down :shock: ... your my kinda guy :wink:

i presume your not married, otherwise you must have a very nice women to let you get away with having all them :D

p.s. im buying another guitar this week i'll let you all know bout it when i get it.
brett8388

Post by brett8388 »

[quote="rice_pudding"]hey brett8388,

you crazy man, you need to calm down :shock: ... your my kinda guy :wink:

i presume your not married, otherwise you must have a very nice women to let you get away with having all them :D

quote]

No, I am, but she doesn't get to hold my wallet like some married couples I know.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm looking for more EVH Music Man guitars if anyone has or knows of one available. I have enough Jacksons at the moment.
Brett

www.gilaguitars.com
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

[quote="brett8388
No, I am, but she doesn't get to hold my wallet like some married couples I know.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm looking for more EVH Music Man guitars if anyone has or knows of one available. I have enough Jacksons at the moment.[/quote]

lucky in love then :D

seriously though why so many? you must really like the design huh?
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

my new classical

Post by rice_pudding »

i just got a new classical guitar on friday. Its a cruiser jc 45e electro classical to be more specific. I got it for £125 (since im a regular customer :wink: ).

i bought it for use at university as i dont want to risk my antonio lorca. I first played it in the same shop where i got my antonio lorca and it was so good i almost got it then. For such a cheap guitar its amazing. It plays as well as instruments costing nearly twice as much and the tone is not far off either. And the workmanship is better than my epiphones :shock:

if your thinking of playing classical i would fully reccomend this as a first instrument.

heres a pic from another website
http://www.saturnmusic.net/catalog/imag ... _jc55e.jpg
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

congratulations Mr pudding!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:congratulations Mr pudding!
thanks!

its defineatly one of my smarter purchases.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Gear

Post by NoQuattro »

Sorry about the horrible quality on the pic, my digicam is waaaaaay outdated.

Here's my current axe, a white Gibson Les Paul Custom. Hmm...wonder why I chose this one. Anyway, it's a great guitar and sounds fantastic. It's even starting to turn a cream color in some places. I can't wait until this thing is 15 or 20 years old and becomes the same color as Randy's is. The strap is from Levy's in case anyone is wondering.

I play this through a Vox AD100VT and it screams. It's a versatile amp that I can get all kinds of tones out of, anything from a Rhoads-esque creamy distortion to a Jimmy Page overdriven sound to something a little cleaner. If the picture doesn't work, someone tell me. My other FTP server is down and I'm hosting this from a school website.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

nice guitar when did you buy it, i assume its quite new since its still pristine white?

oh and loving the strap i didnt know levys did a polka dot design
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

I've had that guitar for, hmm, probably 5 or 6 months now. It's a 2005, one of the ones made at the Custom Shop in Nashville (I think that's where it is...but anyway). So, it's got a couple of years under its belt, but I can't wait for it to get creamy and dinged up and vintage lookin'! It's definitely a player guitar. I have no need to put one in a glass case and stare at it. This thing deserves to scream!
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Great guitar! 8)

It looks Alpine White to me..... I hope I'm wrong (maybe it's the pic quality) but if it is,
I don't think it will ever turn creamy like Randy's one, Randy's wasn't an alpine white.

However Alpine White is a great color for an LP!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.