Rally Rhoads V

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ell
Mass Poster

Rally Rhoads V

Post by Ell »

Today I was walking down the street when I saw in a shop window a really nice looking Alpine White Rhoads V with a mirror scratchplate but with the name Rally (maybe Ralley) on the headstock.

I went in to have a closer look. Attached painted neck (like a Les Paul), dot inlays ( :( ), licenced floyd rose trem, 2 volumes 1 tone, 3 way pickup selector, brand new, perfect condition, output on small wing and a similar headstock to any typical Jackson. So I tried it out, it played very well. I then found out the price was only £150.

Has anyone seen one of these guitars before. Does anyone know anything about Rally or why it was so cheap. I'm sorry that that story was so boring and stuff but I'm really curious about it.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

i'd say it's a cheap knock-off ...
but on the other hand, if it felt good in your hands
maybe you should give it a try ? :D
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

It probably is a cheap knock off yeah :D. Didn't look too bad though, I might get it anyway because it's so cheap and I love Randy Vs so much. Sounded and played nicely. The shop seemed to like it as well since as they had it up in the window on a 'special' stand. The shop happend to also be called "Rhodes music" or something with Rhoads spelt differently.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

play it through an amp first :D
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I already did, some big Peavy tube stack. You don't think that I just played it unplugged do you :D. Sounded great and powerful and all the frets worked and stuff, the sustain was pretty good. Didn't get to play it clean though, couldn't work out how to on the amp :oops: (pressing the channel button did nothing).