Got myself a ZOOM G21U :D :D :D :D

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

siro_angel
Mass Poster

Got myself a ZOOM G21U :D :D :D :D

Post by siro_angel »

http://www.themusicgallery.co.uk/prodimages/G21u.jpg

Thought the wah would come in handy, and im planning on using the pedal to help write a song in dedication to my grandfather :)

It is absolutley superb, once i have written the song, i will post a clip of what it is like :)

there is other effects.. but im just using the wah at the moment, but if you all have techniques on wah usage, feel free to give me some tips :)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i dont have any tips for wah, i just rock it back and forth at random and hope it sounds good :lol:

is the song you mention the one you posted a clip of a while back?
im looking forward to the finnished product. :D
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

rice_pudding wrote:i dont have any tips for wah, i just rock it back and forth at random and hope it sounds good :lol:

is the song you mention the one you posted a clip of a while back?
im looking forward to the finnished product. :D
lol, no, the song im using this wah, is for a song im dedicating to granddad, and will include me singing.. watch out hold onto your ears because my voice is TERRIBLE! Its gunna be called Without You.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

something else to look forward to then :D
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

rice_pudding wrote:something else to look forward to then :D
lol hey can i ask a question?

What makes a blues sound for you? As in what makes you think oh thats blues?

because Without You is hopefully gunna be blues.. but i wonder if i can make it blues.

Simon
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

hmmm... im not entirely sure i understand your question, but ill give it a shot...

i think ultimately its in the harmony, you gotta use the IV and V chords, not necessarily in a 12 bar blues format but moving to these chords from the tonic always instantly makes me think of the blues.

aside from that the rythm is important IMO
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

rice_pudding wrote:hmmm... im not entirely sure i understand your question, but ill give it a shot...

i think ultimately its in the harmony, you gotta use the IV and V chords, not necessarily in a 12 bar blues format but moving to these chords from the tonic always instantly makes me think of the blues.

aside from that the rythm is important IMO
argh roman numerals.. i dont understand the concept..

Simon
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

That looks like it is going to be hours of fun! :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

siro_angel wrote: argh roman numerals.. i dont understand the concept..

Simon
Seriously???? I though all guitar players knew that concept...
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
siro_angel wrote: argh roman numerals.. i dont understand the concept..

Simon
Seriously???? I though all guitar players knew that concept...
all the years ive played guitar ive never used roman numerals lol

Simon
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I haven't seen it in tab but in Classical Guitar is used to show position changes
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Matthew wrote:I haven't seen it in tab but in Classical Guitar is used to show position changes
I'm too used to tab really, :oops:

Matt, any tips on blues playing?

Simon
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Simon, the roman numerals work like this:

C D E F G A B
I ii iii IV V vi vii

Above is the Key of C and below the letter names are the Roman numeral identifiers. The upper case is for major and the lover case is for minor. Getting to know this system helps when you want to play a song in a different key. When you know the "numbers" of each chord in a progression, you can apply those "numbers" to another key and play the same progression in that key.

Does that make sense?
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Simon, the roman numerals work like this:

C D E F G A B
I ii iii IV V vi vii

Above is the Key of C and below the letter names are the Roman numeral identifiers. The upper case is for major and the lover case is for minor. Getting to know this system helps when you want to play a song in a different key. When you know the "numbers" of each chord in a progression, you can apply those "numbers" to another key and play the same progression in that key.

Does that make sense?
half and half make sense, im beginning to see, ill probs get it anyways,

im planning on using the chords Am F and C

what scales should i use?

Simon
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Simon

Paul's answer in the other thread was a great description of blues.

Also practising 'question and answer' or 'call and response' type phrasing from blues scales is a good and also fun thing to work on.

Other than that I think learning scales in swing rhythms is good too

Also go to youtube and look for Son House, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, BB King and recently Derek Trucks,Jeff Healey of course Gary Moore 8)

Great for inspiration!

Matt