Gibson Robot Guitar

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ken01fan
Cool Member

Gibson Robot Guitar

Post by ken01fan »

This thing is amazing!!!! If you're a guitar-tech you better start
looking for another job!! :lol: :lol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2j60MeiDQAc
Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

its impressive, but how much does it cost?
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

$2199 at Guitar Center here. And they sold it yesterday!
Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Personally I think that part of being a musician is being able to tune an instrument by ear. It helps you work your ear which helps you play "by ear" as you grow as a musician.

Technology is cool, but it isn't necessary to apply it to everything. This guitar would be a cool toy for a rich kid, but I'd prefer a standard guitar, myself.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

:shock:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

like i say impressive but i dont want to see guitars turn into computers, id rather gibson just concentrate on the stuff that matters, well made instruments the play well and sound good.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

rice_pudding wrote:id rather gibson just concentrate on the stuff that matters, well made instruments the play well and sound good.
gibson hasn't done that in years :shock: :P
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Stiltzkin wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:id rather gibson just concentrate on the stuff that matters, well made instruments the play well and sound good.
exactly they're too busy playing with robots
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Maybe they haven't concentrated on it, but they sure have produced a lot of fine guitars over the last decade.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I am repeating myself so forgive me those who have heard but my opinion is Gibson and a load of other companies are producing the best guitars they ever have.

We are living in the golden age NOW.

They don't make em like they used to? Bullshit :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Matthew wrote:They don't make em like they used to?
More often than not they build 'em better now.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:I am repeating myself so forgive me those who have heard but my opinion is Gibson and a load of other companies are producing the best guitars they ever have.

We are living in the golden age NOW.

They don't make em like they used to? Bullshit :D
im not saying gibson is rubbish just inconsistent. For every good review i've read theres a bad one.

i agree though, we are in the golden age... but that dont mean everythings great either
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I think on internet forums like these I have noticed a backlash against Gibson. (A bit like it was fashionable for the press and everyone to say negative things about David Beckham and now he is in favour.)

All I can say is from playing probably well over 100 Gibsons over the years they have been the most consistent Guitar brand I have played. They have ranged from the very cheapest ie Melody maker right up to the Gibson Les Paul Custom

I could ofcourse have been lucky. The only true test would to be to play thousands.

I think the emperors clothes syndrome we need to get away from as a guitar playing community is just because a guitar is old it can still be poor too.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I don't think anyone should go on a written review. Reviewers are often biased.

The thin with Gibson's is that so many people want a specific tone that their favorite player got with a Gibson. They don't take into account how many effects or how much EQing is done to process the signal, nor do they consider the players fingers in the equation.

Guitar players also tend to be snobs who want exactly what they've read that their heroes use. So they switch out pickups, etc... I recently read an interview with Mick Mars of Motley and he said he played all sorts of guitars over the years because management made endorsement deals for him. He said that if left to his own devices, he'd always choose a Strat. So all those people who wanted a guitar because Mick had one didn't really get what Mick would have bought for himself.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Reading the specs of this guitar and how it will be quite light as the body is chambered I am going to try this out when it hits the UK.

It also tells you how many screw turns to adjust the intonation and does unusual tunings like DADGAD!!

For playing live this is just great.

The best price I have seen in the UK is £1299.00...that is a great price!!

I just have to convince Suzie