SHINE Unveil Randy Rhoads Tribute

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

well, EMGs will always be EMGs 8)
greebo830

Post by greebo830 »

I have just bought two more, One will be painted by a friend of mine with a picture of randy on it, a pencil drawing effect. The other one I'm having converted to a trem system. at only £200 a piece I can't really go wrong.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Re: SHINE Unveil Randy Rhoads Tribute

Post by zmack mylde »

greebo830 wrote:The SHINE Guitar group have released a copy of randy's First Jackson guitar. I know a lot of people will frown at this as they see shine as a cheap import company but the true is the company have been the OEM producers for epiphone for the last 13 years. The guitar in question is the SR1 and features the following = white with black pin strip mahogany body with set mahogany neck, gold hardware and two EMG HZ pickups. I picked mine up cause it looks closer to randy's original than most of the jacksons more than twice the price. It plays like a dream and sounds great (finally sounds the solo in mr crowley) the body shape is the closest I've see without paying mega money,I Only paid £180 for it. I've actually retired my RR3 cause I just find this so much better. Anybody looking a decent Version should give it a try.

Those dont look like Randy's guitars. The headstock is different.
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

That guitar looks awesome. It's just too bad USA doesn't get any "Shine" aside from the moonshine that makes americans so rude and vulgar. :?
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Last edited by frank on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

frank wrote:
LordThurisaz wrote:That guitar looks awesome. It's just too bad USA doesn't get any "Shine" aside from the moonshine that makes americans so rude and vulgar. :?
uh...was that an insult?
are you french?
Lol, not at all. Just a joke from a fellow american stating that we should get some Shine guitars, though we probably don't due to the fact the guitar shape is patented by Jackson. And no, I'm not french.
LTD FX260 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, E/Drop D]
LTD H500 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, D/Drop C]
LTD H1001 [81/85] [10s, C#/Drop B]
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

LordThurisaz wrote:
frank wrote:
LordThurisaz wrote:That guitar looks awesome. It's just too bad USA doesn't get any "Shine" aside from the moonshine that makes americans so rude and vulgar. :?
uh...was that an insult?
are you french?
Lol, not at all. Just a joke from a fellow american stating that we should get some Shine guitars, though we probably don't due to the fact the guitar shape is patented by Jackson. And no, I'm not french.
In my child hood there was a great fruit drink called Moonshine :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt