SHINE Unveil Randy Rhoads Tribute

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

greebo830

SHINE Unveil Randy Rhoads Tribute

Post by greebo830 »

The SHINE Guitar group have released a copy of randy's First Jackson guitar. I know a lot of people will frown at this as they see shine as a cheap import company but the true is the company have been the OEM producers for epiphone for the last 13 years. The guitar in question is the SR1 and features the following = white with black pin strip mahogany body with set mahogany neck, gold hardware and two EMG HZ pickups. I picked mine up cause it looks closer to randy's original than most of the jacksons more than twice the price. It plays like a dream and sounds great (finally sounds the solo in mr crowley) the body shape is the closest I've see without paying mega money,I Only paid £180 for it. I've actually retired my RR3 cause I just find this so much better. Anybody looking a decent Version should give it a try.
Attachments
Picture 032.jpg
Picture 030.jpg
Picture 029.jpg
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

If there are any recordings you know of, please send links. Thanks :)
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

where did you buy it?
greebo830

Post by greebo830 »

At the moment I don't know of any sound clips on the net. once I get my soundcard sorted I'll Post some myself. For Further specs Check out the company's website. www.saein.co.kr I bought it from a little shop In stockport, England and he got it straight from the Shine Display stand at the Frankfurt music Show, so for about six months it's been the only one in the UK. As of Nov 1st the UK stores have been getting them for sale, I bought another through the same shop thinking it would be slightly inferior, with my first being the display version, but can honestly say there is no difference between them. They Retail At £210.
Last edited by greebo830 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

greebo830 wrote:At the moment I don't know of any sound clips on the net. once I get my soundcard sorted I'll Post some myself. For Further specs Check out the company's website. www.saein.co.kr I bought it from a little shop In stockport, England and he got it straight from the Shine Display stand at the Frankfurt music Show, so for about six months it's been the only one in the UK. As of Nov 1st the UK stores have been getting them for sale, I bought another through the same shop thinking it would be slightly inferior, with my first being the display version, but can honestly say there is no difference between them. They Retail At £110.
£110 and they sound as good as a jackson RR3? get the hell out of here are you serious? thats crazy.

if i need to get a backup guitar for gigging i'll derfineatly look at these. (especialy since im on a tight budget)

im not sure about the pinstripes though they look a little off to me :?
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

The proof is in the *ahem* pudding rice, I need to to hear these babies. Its a very cheap price so dont expect much more than what its valued at I guess. Still, I would like to hear em, about the same as an entry level Squire here so there you go.
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
greebo830

Post by greebo830 »

Have Managed to record some short sound clips of the Shine Sr1. These Pickups are the same EMGS that are loaded into Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul. As I posted before these guitars are made in the same Factory as epiphone. Check out the clips.
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Stiltzkin

Re: SHINE Unveil Randy Rhoads Tribute

Post by Stiltzkin »

greebo830 wrote:The SHINE Guitar group have released a copy of randy's First Jackson guitar. I know a lot of people will frown at this as they see shine as a cheap import company but the true is the company have been the OEM producers for epiphone for the last 13 years. The guitar in question is the SR1 and features the following = white with black pin strip mahogany body with set mahogany neck, gold hardware and two EMG HZ pickups. I picked mine up cause it looks closer to randy's original than most of the jacksons more than twice the price. It plays like a dream and sounds great (finally sounds the solo in mr crowley) the body shape is the closest I've see without paying mega money,I Only paid £180 for it. I've actually retired my RR3 cause I just find this so much better. Anybody looking a decent Version should give it a try.
not to be a bitch about it, but to me it looks
more like a pinstriped version of the JS30RR.
I think the lower wing looks to small, also it
lacks the control layout that the concord had.

don't doubt it plays nice though :)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i wouldnt mind trying one of these out, but i cant find a shop that stocks them

greebo830,
i was wondering what amp/gear were you using in those soundbites
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Last edited by frank on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greebo830

Post by greebo830 »

The amp I used was my old 1977 Marshall 30w Lead, with regards to the shape it is exactly the same size as my jackson 10th anniversary model they produced. the lower wing is slightly smaller than the production RR's. as it is with randy's own. The body is exactly the same because a employee of shine got permission to measure randy's original from mrs Rhoads. She thought there should a good quality Lower priced version on the market. She had final approval before the production started. The Guitar just wails I would put it up againest any of the Jackson Versions Upto the RR5 Pinstripe. The pinstrips are slightly out but then again so is the jackson production version.

As for where to buy one- Try Purple Turtle Music. This shop is the main importer of shine in the UK and the people I got mine from, You can Find them on Ebay. Or if you dont to got down that route Here's Their Contact details. 0161 442 9056

Purple turtle trading ltd
Broadstone mill
Broadstone road
Reddish
Stockport
SK5 7DL

Their Ebay site only has a fraction of their stock. Hope this helps.
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Cheers Frank, it is indeed in the tasting, thats the shortened version.

Many thanks for putting those audios up Greebo, get round to them asap :)
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

greebo830 wrote:a employee of shine got permission to measure randy's original from mrs Rhoads.
somehow I find that hard to believe.
but hey, as long as you're happy with it :)

ImageImage

the second picture, of the JS30RR, is clickable :)
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Well Greebo. I say it is a cool looking guitar, and I bet it rocks. I am glad you like it. That is all that maters. Rock on!!!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Well the Hz's are worth around £100 alone so I think the Guitar is great value.

Are you planning to customise it in the near future?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt