Telecaster

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Telecaster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So I went to Guitar Center and sold my Les Paul tonight. The original idea was to buy a Telecaster, but I decided to forgo the guitar for now and use the money for the family. The Western Washington Fair in Puyallup is coming up in a week and it's important to me that my family goes. The first thing we did when we found out Becky was pregnant with our first child was to go to the Puyallup Fair. Last year was the first time in 6 years that we missed it, so the Les Paul is gone and the Tele will have to wait.

When I do get it, it'll be this one:

It's the made in Mexico model and it played like a dream in the store. Maybe by Christmas it'll be affordable for me to buy a toy.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Paul

You are such a good guy but I really feel for you without your guitar. If you lived in my neighbourhood I'd lone you my Tele.

This Telecaster I would recommend. It's made in Japan and I have looked on US websites and retails for around 500-600 dollars. It got rave revies and from personal ownership experience it plays like a dream. It is called an 'Aerodyne Telecaster'

Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Also Paul the cool addition is the P-90 in the Neck Position. It means you can get mellow jazz tones as well as Tele Twang 8)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

That does look like a nice guitar, Matt.

Don't feel too bad for me. I don't have the Les Paul anymore, but I do still have the Carlo Robelli strat and the Charvel.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Paul Wolfe wrote:That does look like a nice guitar, Matt.

Don't feel too bad for me. I don't have the Les Paul anymore, but I do still have the Carlo Robelli strat and the Charvel.
My sympathy now has disolved :D
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

that was a rather cheap ploy, pulling for our sympathy paul.
Last edited by frank on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

frank wrote:that was a rather cheap ploy, pulling for our sympathy paul.

Frank now I understand the humour between you two!!! I like Simon have Aspergers so screw up big time in my understanding...but I get it now!!!!!!
frank

Post by frank »

yeah. simon's fun to torment too. looks like you're next buddy.
Last edited by frank on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

frank wrote:yeah. simon's fun to torment too. looks like you're next buddy.
Simon is very funny.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

frank wrote:that was a rather cheap ploy, pulling for our sympathy paul.
I really just wanted your sympathy, Frank, 'cause your special.
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

I have had a love for Telecasters for many years. I am very into hot rod Telecasters, with a humbucker and a hot single where the lipstick pickup was. I love the way they feel and play and the fact they have a warm but strong sound which can be moulded to many styles :)

Go for it Paul!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Y'know, I used to own a Tele and just didn't care for it. I traded it in for a Strat which I ended up selling to a girl I knew who thought she could make it as a rock star.

I never really cared much for Telecasters. Now that I'm eliminating metal from my life in favor of country, I find that the Tele really is cool after all.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Check out the new John 5 Telecaster put out by Fender. John 5 is the guitarist for Rob Zombie and Fender put out a signature model in his name...it is hot rodded for Rock and looks so bad ass.
frank

Post by frank »

why do you have to eliminate anything? why can't you just branch out?
Last edited by frank on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

frank wrote:why do you have to eliminate anything? why can't you just branch out?
I've branched out for years and always fall back to what is "easy". I really want to learn to play country guitar and if I keep the metal trappings, I'll fall back into that because I've been doing it for years and it's easy now.

Besides, old dudes playing metal look retarded more often than not. I don't want to be called a poser who should get a life. Country guys are just cooler, so I'm gettin' a Tele and that's all I've got to say 'bout that.