Fav Guitar ?

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Well then I guess we both made our points clear.... :wink:
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

yeah :D
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

man, my fav.... the randy rhoads pinstripe, yknow wat im on about..., ibanez jem, kramer baretta(on humbucker only :D ), sandoval's polka dot for mr rhoads, bc rich mockingbird and the dean customzone(AWeSOME)

but of course i havent tryed any of them :wink: , i would love to own the first one(the 25 anniversary version with the fixed bridge only!!) and an authentic baretta. the rest is wht id get if i was a millionaire, or close!! :roll: (cept for the cheap dean)
dont mess with the black cat
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Well, my (one) dream bass is a Spector NS-2.
Charvel65

Post by Charvel65 »

I like my Jackson KE3-R.
My wife has a Jackson Dinky that plays real nice.
My daughter plays an Ibanez, and I have a cheap Ibanez.

If I could afford it, I would love to have a Jackson SL2H.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Now that I own a Les Paul Studio, I'd say a Les Paul Standard would be my ultimate...
JohnELee

Post by JohnELee »

I want a Karl Sandoval Flying V.
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I can't choose between a Les Paul or a Strat! It's so frustrating, I don't know what I prefer and I can't afford both. I guess i'll realise sooner or later which I would prefer and suits me better. I guess I would be more used to a Les Paul since it's got humbuckers and 22 frets and stuff but Strats are so easy to solo on for me, sort of effortless.

I still would do anything for a Westone Dynasty, got to be one of the coolest looking guitars on the planet. The white one with the red pinstripes is just too cool. Luckily for me they really aren't expensive these days, just impossible to find in England.
BStanek

Post by BStanek »

Gold top LP's
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Ell wrote:Jackson Rhoads V (any of them really). I have the RX10D although all the ones i've played have played really nicely.

Westone Dynasy. The only problem I have with them is that they are quite rare and so I can't find any for sale.

What in God's name is a Westone Dynasty and why do people always talking about them?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Wow Westones are a amazing. I have 17 guitars in value from £100-£5000...no kidding the Westone is one of the finer instruments and cost me £80!!!!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Now that I own a Les Paul Studio, I'd say a Les Paul Standard would be my ultimate...
What a difference a few weeks can make... I like the Les Paul, but I think I'd like to get a Tele.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Yes! More gear talk

My favourite Guitars for rock metal are my customised Gibson Flying V and Gibson M3 Deluxe. The V is hard to play but as heavy as hell. The notes just sustain for ever. I play a note on Tuesday and Wednesday it is still ringing! the M3 is so easy to play...it almost plays itself. Ther sustain isn't as good as the V but it is a different animal completely.

For clean: Blues, Chet Atkins/Johnny A type tone I love my Grestch Brian Setzer Hot Rod. It is great for finger picking type Guitar and this is my favourite all round Electric Guitar.

For Classical I have 2 really great instruments. One is a Rik Middleton 2001 hand made Classical and the other is a 1991 Tony Johnson.

I NEVER thought I would say this but I don't crave any guitars anymore I am a satisfied Matt :D

ps.Maybe I would like one more LOL I would love a Gibson Chet Atkins Tennessean!!!!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

when it comes to guitars the problem is i like them all!

i think the main thing for me is the fretboard though, i like my guitars to have a 12' radius and gibson style frets, or as close to this as possible. It just suits my style. That aside i still like all guitars, seriously give me everything

ps. whats this westone talk i like the sound of this :D
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Ibanez SZ520 quilted maple top blue burst