First Guitar

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

good choice. fender anything are excellent starters. I fear that too many people get turned off by the sound of an acoustic when they start and it ultimatley will slow there learning unless they have a clear like for classical music. I personaly cant stand acoustics because its difficult to bend the strings :wink:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Hey Gina, how's the kid doing with the guitar?

I started my son's out with a couple exercises to build finger strength, and now that they know that playing the guitar will be work for a while, they don't have nearly as much interest as they used to.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

RockyRhoads wrote:Hey Gina, how's the kid doing with the guitar?

I started my son's out with a couple exercises to build finger strength, and now that they know that playing the guitar will be work for a while, they don't have nearly as much interest as they used to.
hah...same with my daughters. they all went through the phase where they wanted to play. it lasted 'til their fingertips were red.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I don't think they even got to the red finger stage... Jake is 6, so his reaction is understandable... the other one just has an issue with laziness - anything requiring more effort than eating or sleeping isn't worht the effort...
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

RockyRhoads wrote:Hey Gina, how's the kid doing with the guitar?

Well, Paul, she's been playing around with it. Idiot told her to leave it alone until she gets lessons, but I told her not to listen to him and get the thing out and play! She goes to a friends house and plays the Guitar Heo, and says she does good on it.
As a matter of fact, I've caught her posing with the guitar! too funny!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RockyRhoads wrote:the other one just has an issue with laziness - anything requiring more effort than eating or sleeping isn't worht the effort...
:lol:
Well you can't force them! Eventually he will find something he really wants to do. Give it some time.

With me it was the opposite, my parents didn't like it really that I started guitarplaying. But I knew what I wanted after hearing some stuff and nobody could stop me from then. At first I wasn't even allowed to buy an electric from my own money! So the first two years I was trying all that Malmsteen/VanHalen stuff on a cheap classical guitar! For years they rarely saw me except for dinnertime! :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.