Coolest Effect

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Coolest Effect

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Almost every guitarist uses an effect to help mold their sound. I've tried many various types but the coolest effect I ever played with was the wah pedal because of its vocal qualities. Here are a few general queries I have...
1) What is your favorite effect and why?
2) What kind of effect would you like to have built just for yourself?
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

My favorite effect is really an efffect at all, it's a compressor! I love having a compressor to eliminate the unwanted noise.

I also like flangers and delays for soft arpeggios.

As for having an effect built just for me? No idea. I am very happy with my Digitech GNTX2. I suppose I'd like to have a board built along the lines of DigiTech but with the ability to re-arrange the order of the effects and the ability to turn each effect on and off AND switch banks without having to change the pedals mode of performance.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

the only effect I have ... and need :D is a BOSS PW-10
and an old MXR 10-band EQ(which I don't consider an effect).

I plan on getting a delay and a chorus sometime soon,
but I like to keep the effectunits as few as possible :D
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

A good sounding Flanger. I overuse flangers like crazy but half the time it's fairly subtle so no-one other than me really notices. If I had a pedal made for me I'd get a good distortion. No backplate so it's nice and light, possibly a battery pack that I can plug in or just use and then charge would be awesome but then the Distortion, I'd like one full of mid range, a load of bass and very little scratchy trebley frequencies. 2 outputs for 2 amps, true bypass system, and a gain which doesn't just kick in at 9 and 10 volume but has an actual gradual increase. At the moment I use the Boss DS-1 which is probably as close as I can get to the sound I like with one pedal but my amp works really well with it which helps a lot.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I was never much into effects, I even never used a wah pedal!
But for now my favorite is the MAXON AD999 analog delay, which works great after a superlead at 'melt down' level. It really enhances the sound giving it a rich warm delay sound. I tried digital delays like Boss and Rocktron but the Maxon is superior to all.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Err yea, my Muff and Crybaby bass sound good. But i suppose you're slightly mroe limited with a abss as nobody wants to hear a bass chorus or flanger :lol:
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

A flanged bass can sound cool in the right circumstances...