The Holiday Gear Wish List Thread

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

I want the Blackheart 100 Watt Hot Head.. And I might be getting it 8) plus a cabinet (2 x 12 or 4 x 12?)..

I'd also like a wah pedal..
Harry

Post by Harry »

I just want new pots, switches and a service for my guitar and I'll be happy :)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Harry wrote:I just want new pots, switches and a service for my guitar and I'll be happy :)
Hi Harry

Me too.

I have about 4 guitars that need various things done to them. Mainly set ups really that I can't affoard until Christmas is over.

Mind you remember this baby Harry? :)

http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/products/ ... CT,00.html

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Harry

Post by Harry »

That I do. I would love one of those. My tastes have got more expensive though:
Only US$24500 :)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Harry

Did I read that right?!
In words Twenty thousand etc or two thousand..etc?

They are great instruments too. Maybe 2009 is the year you get one?

I also loved the Grestch anniversary model. Around 2500 US dollars. Rolling the tones off I found some beautiful warm tones.

Why is life so cruel!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Harry

Post by Harry »

Twenty four thousand lol. It's crazy.
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

Well guys, the shape is a tad weird, but it shouldn't impede my access to the 24th fret. I'm thinking about an Epiphone Prophecy EM-2 Custom EX [long name] despite what I said earlier. It's $325, and has active pickups as well as other features that look promising.
LTD FX260 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, E/Drop D]
LTD H500 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, D/Drop C]
LTD H1001 [81/85] [10s, C#/Drop B]
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

LordThurisaz wrote:Well guys, the shape is a tad weird, but it shouldn't impede my access to the 24th fret. I'm thinking about an Epiphone Prophecy EM-2 Custom EX [long name] despite what I said earlier. It's $325, and has active pickups as well as other features that look promising.
I meant to say. Great to see you back at UR. How have you been? :)

I played one in NH last year at guitar Centre (we don't have many shops that big in the UK...I was in heaven!!)

It was a great instrument!! The pick ups alone are worth c.$200.
Also 24 fret access is just awesome. I have read they are discontinuing them. I think they are too good to last. Great value axes. Let us know how you get along with it!! :)

Matt
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

Well, Matt... I'm in a bit of a bind.

I dunno if I want an

Epiphone Prophecy EM-2 EX

Douglas SR-1: www.rondomusic.com/sr1.html

or an Ibanez ART100 LP copy to go with my ibanez SZ320 [which is my only guitar the moment and my sig needs updated].

Or I think I can scrounge fifty together to get an LTD EX-260. I hate choosing guitars.
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
DR strings
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Wow

The specs of the Douglas looked great. Also it said 'only' 8 lbs...quite a respectable weight!

I LOVE all shopping (my feminine side)

Matt
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

Matt, there is also this, hell, you may even want to buy it! http://www.rondomusic.com/product1893.html

Right now, it's between the Epiphone EM-2, the Douglas SR-1 [rrv copy], and Agile Dauntless EMG.

What's your opinion, Matthew? You know my style and whatnot, so in my shoes, what would you buy? Explain it as well.
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
DR strings
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

LOL! Your right it has made me want one...

Okay in your shoes just looking at the specifications I would probably still go for the Epiphone over the other Les Paul.
I think the swaying factor is the 24 frets and also the neck is very quick to get around.
If it was me just on what I can see I do really like the way that part of the other Les is cut back and you can get up to the higher frets.

(I am thinking seriously about getting my Les Paul taken to my Guitar fixer in the new year and doing the same!)

I suppose I am bias because I was quite taken back what a quality guitar the Epiphone was. 8) Damn it also has an ebony fret board!!

When are you going to get one of these beuties!!?

Matt
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

ps googled Agile Les Paul's here

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standa ... tless.html

They are discussing the 7 string too but there is nothing but praise for the quality of them!!

Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I used to have a Mockingbird... I wouldn't mind having one of those again, if money weren't so tight...

Or maybe another Schecter...

LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

Guys, I may be going to the pawn shop and such to try and get some more money on some of the gear I dont use [like the two Rocktron distortions that I havent used in like a year or more, or the 31 band EQ I dont need]. I so hope I can get $450 [not from the pawn shop, but all together], If it works out, I should have a super badass guitar to expose to you guys when I order it.
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
DR strings