say hello to "jeff"

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

say hello to "jeff"

Post by rice_pudding »

stewie isnt the only one buying guitars recently, i've kept this one up my sleeve a couple of weeks.

its a 4 year old squire standard tele, purchased for a reasonable price. In good overal condition too, notice the previous owner took the logo off the headstock LOL.

Its gonna need a bit of work though. I need to adjust the overal set-up, anoyingly i need to buy an allen key before i can finnish doing this. Clean/condition the fretboard, clean the body and finnaly put some new strings on it. Im going to give ghs nickel rockers a go.

I havent played it much yet but overal im very happy with it. It has real character, regardless of amps or effects used it still has its own unique voice that shines through. To be honest squire standards in general impress me a lot lately. i played a stratocaster recently too and that was also very good and very well made.

Im calling it "Jeff" i get the feeloing thats what i should call it. :D :lol:
Attachments
jeff
jeff
me missing part of my head
me missing part of my head
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Someone in my guitar class has the same model, its a nice guitar!
Why did Jeff lose his logo?

I named my classical after my girlfriend.
Eline gots tuning problems :(
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Stewie wrote: Why did Jeff lose his logo?
jeff lost his logo because the previous owner didnt like the look of it. There is still a fender logo on the other side though.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Rob

I think it is even more special he is called Jeff now that Jeff Healey is no longer with us :cry:

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:Hi Rob

I think it is even more special he is called Jeff now that Jeff Healey is no longer with us :cry:

Matt
yeah sad news indeed, hopefully the music i produce using jeff will be a fiting tribute/encore to all the musicians who have had their time cut short.

Rob
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Nice Tele, Rob.
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

cableguyxx wrote:Nice Tele, Rob.
thanks cableguy :)

i spent about 3/4 hours working on the guitar and put on some GHS nickel rockers. The results are excellant, its a joy to play. I started messing round for 5mins on it last night and before i knew it i'd been playing an hour :)

i was playing some strange stuff though, a combination of latin, jazz, classical and metal. It sounded good though. My dad phoned me up half way through and was like "what the heck are you playing!?"